Health desk- You must have heard the name Makhana, which is also known as organic herbal. Makhana is rich in many nutrients and the protein present in it helps you to build muscles as well as keep fit. On the other hand, if it is consumed after mixing it with milk and boiling it properly, then it cures many diseases from your body and proves very beneficial for your health. It has been proved in many researches that the problem of impotence and low sperm count in men can be overcome by eating Makhana mixed with hot milk.
Why is Makhana healthy?
The elements present in Makhana give many health benefits to our body. It contains 350 calories in 100 grams. Apart from this, 9.7 % protein, 76 % carbohydrate, 12.8 % moisture, 0.1 % healthy fat, 0.5 % sodium, 0.9 % phosphorus and 1.4 mg iron, calcium, acid and vitamin-V are found in abundance in it.
Benefits of eating makhana-
1. Makhana is such a dry fruit, by eating which you can control your weight, so dieticians ask to eat Makhana to reduce every weight. Makhana contains ethanol extract, which controls fat cells. Along with this, it also reduces the weight of fat cells.
2 . Makhana is also very beneficial in controlling blood pressure.
3. Makhana is a very good snack for sugar patients. If you want to prevent diabetes then it is good to consume makhana on an empty stomach.
4. Heart patients also do not have the problem of heart attack by consuming Makhana. It is very good for heart health and it also improves digestion.
5. Pregnant and lactating women should eat Makhana Kheer, it does not cause weakness and the health of the baby is also good.
6 .Calcium is abundant in 6. Makhana, so it is very good to consume them. It is especially good for arthritis patients.
7. Makhana contains plenty of anti-oxidants, because of this, those who have the problem of excessive hunger, they will always feel full after eating Makhana.
8. Makhana should be consumed to strengthen the kidney.
9. If you eat makhana roasted in ghee when you have loose motion, it is very beneficial.
10. It cures constipation.
Benefits of Makhana for skin-
1. Flavonoids are present in Makhana, which prevents aging of the skin. It nourishes the skin, which reduces wrinkles. For this, soak Makhana in milk in a bowl and keep it for some time. After this, add lemon to it and grind it in the mixer and also around the face and eye circles. Wash the face after 15 minutes, the skin will become much better.
2. Makhana reduces the problem of pimples and spots on the nails.
3. Makhana increases the glow of the face. For this, make a powder of Makhana, mix some honey in it and apply it on the face and wash it after 10 to 15 minutes.
4. To reduce the dark circles under the eyes, applying Makhana powder mixed with milk gradually removes the blackness.
5. If the lips are cracked, mix milk and butter powder and scrub the lips slowly, this will cure chapped lips.
6. If skin damage is visible and dead cells are to be removed, then the powder of Makhana mixed with milk should be scrubbed with light hands.
7. If there is redness, rashes or allergy problem on the face, then apply makhana powder with Aloe Vera gel on the face, it will be beneficial.
Benefits of Makhana for hair-
If you want good hair growth, then you should consume Makhana. It contains vitamins A, C, E, B5, B6, B12. Its use reduces the problem of hair loss and hair grows faster.
Disadvantages of eating Makhana-
- The amount of fiber in Makhana is good, so due to its excessive consumption, there is a problem of gas in the stomach and sometimes it also causes cramps.
- Eating too much of makhana sometimes leads to loose motions, so eat makhana in limited quantity.