Health Desk- Curd is used in every household. But do you know that there are many types of nutritious elements present in curd, which are beneficial to the body by eating them. Calcium, protein, vitamins are found in curd. Curd is more beneficial for health than milk. Curd contains more calcium than milk. Apart from this, protein, lactose, iron, phosphorus are found in curd. Let us tell you how beneficial curd is for your body.
How is curd made ?
This is the most traditional way of making curd at home. For this, first take half a liter of milk (you can take as much milk as you want). Now put the milk on the gas to heat it. When the milk starts boiling after getting hot, turn off the gas and let the milk cool down. When the milk remains lukewarm, put curd in it all around and in the middle. After this, keep the milk covered on a flat and warm place. Keep in mind that do not stir the milk again and again after adding sour, otherwise the curd will not be able to set.
Benefits of eating curd-
* Curd is found in plenty of calcium which is very beneficial for bones. Eating curd also strengthens teeth. Curd is also helpful in fighting diseases like osteoporosis.
* Curd is very beneficial for the stomach. Drinking curd mixed with celery ends the complaint of constipation.
* Curd is used to avoid heat stroke. You should drink curd when you feel heat stroke.
* Digestive capacity increases by drinking curd and appetite also feels good.
* Coronary artery disease occurring in the heart can be prevented by the consumption of curd. Cholesterol in the body can be reduced by regular consumption of curd.
* Applying curd on the face makes the skin soft and brightens the skin. If facial massage is done with curd, it acts like bleach. It is also used as a conditioner in hair.
* After getting sunburn on the skin in summer, it should be rubbed with curd, it gives benefit from sunburn and tan.
* Curd should be used to remove dryness of the skin. Applying curd on the face with olive oil and lemon juice ends the dryness of the face.
* Infection occurs in the respiratory tract due to cold and cough. To avoid this infection, curd should be used.
* This is a very good home remedy for mouth ulcers. If there are blisters in the mouth, the blisters end by gargling with curd.
* Curd and buttermilk made from it are used in large quantities in the summer season. Because drinking buttermilk and lassi calms the heat of the stomach. Daily consumption of curd increases the body's ability to fight against diseases.
1. Prevents vaginal infections-
Health experts say that eating curd can actually help women restore the vaginal yeast balance, as curd contains lactobacillus bacteria, which is very effective in preventing vaginal infections. Therefore, if you are troubled by frequent vaginal infections, then start consuming curd from today itself, you will get relief.
2. Curd is helpful in weight loss-
Curd is helpful in reducing your weight. It is considered one of the best foods for weight loss, because it prevents the increase of cortisol and steroid hormones in our body, which helps in controlling the increased risk of obesity somewhere.
3. Curd boosts immunity-
Diet expert Dr. Ranjana Singh says that curd is an excellent probiotic food, which is considered excellent for our intestines. Curd has the power to fight against germs that cause diseases because it has some active properties, which along with killing germs, also work to keep immunity healthy.
4. Strengthens teeth and bones-
Curd is not only rich in calcium, but it is also rich in phosphorus, so both these nutrients are very beneficial for our bones as well as teeth. Not only this, curd also helps in preventing arthritis.
5. Healthy for the heart too-
Curd prevents the formation of cholesterol and this is the reason why you stay away from conditions like high blood pressure. Regular inclusion of it in the diet can reduce the risk of high cholesterol level and high blood pressure. Hence your heart health improves.
Why shouldn't you eat curd at night ?
Curd has a cooling effect. That's why eating curd at night can lead to mucus, obesity, skin problems, so you should avoid eating curd at night.
What is the right time to eat curd ?
Curd should always be eaten with breakfast and lunch. By eating curd during the day, the digestion process of the body remains fine.
Note- This article has been written for educational purposes, for more information, consult a qualified dietician or doctor. Thank you.