Health Desk- Due to the deteriorating lifestyle of today, our body is becoming a victim of many diseases. One of these diseases is diabetes. Diabetes may be a common disease, but once someone has it, it does not leave his side for the rest of his life. Once upon a time this disease used to happen only to people above 50 years of age, but today everyone is suffering from it. It is worth noting here that diabetes can be kept balanced if the patient takes care of his lifestyle and diet.
Before we know about the treatment of diabetes, before that it is important to know that-
What is diabetes?
When the insulin (a type of hormone) in the body’s pancreas decreases, the level of glucose in the blood increases, such a condition is called diabetes.
What does insulin do in our body?
The work of insulin is to convert food into energy in the body and due to this hormone, the amount of sugar in the body is controlled. On the other hand, when someone gets diabetes, there is a problem in converting food into energy, which affects the whole body. Diabetes not only affects other parts of the body, but due to this, many other diseases also take place in the body. Due to diabetes, pain in other parts of the body, kidney problems, weakening of eyesight and there can be a risk of heart attack.
How many types of diabetes are there?
There are three types of diabetes-
1. Type 1 – This is an autoimmune disorder, in which beta cells are not able to make insulin. In this diabetes, insulin injections are given to the patient, so that the amount of insulin in the body is maintained properly. Children and youth are more likely to get this diabetes.
2. Type 2 – In this, the amount of insulin in the body decreases or the body is not able to use insulin properly.
3. Gestational diabetes – This diabetes occurs during pregnancy, when the amount of sugar in the blood increases. During this time, pregnant women are at a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
What are the symptoms of diabetes?
It is important for everyone to know some symptoms of diabetes. It has many such common symptoms, on which if you pay attention in time, then this disease can be controlled. Some such symptoms of diabetes are as follows-
- Frequent urination.
- Complaints of constant body pain.
- Frequent infections or cavities in the skin and private parts.
- Don’t heal the wound quickly.
- Dry throat or frequent thirst.
- Weakening of eyesight.
- Sudden weight gain or loss.
- Constant feeling of tiredness or weakness.
- Excessive hunger.
- Irritability in behavior.
If you see any of these symptoms in your body, then do get yourself tested for diabetes once. Now we know why diabetes happens?
Before knowing about the treatment of diabetes, it is important to know about the reasons that lead to it-
- If someone in your family has diabetes, then you may also be at risk of developing diabetes.
- Increasing weight by eating more fried or outside food is also a cause of diabetes.
- Do not exercise or do any physical labor.
- Too much sweet food.
- If there is any heart related disease, then diabetes can occur.
- If diabetes has occurred during pregnancy or the weight of the baby is more than 9 pounds, then the possibility of developing type 2 diabetes increases later.
- Diabetes can also occur due to increasing age.
Treatment of diabetes-
You have got so much information about diabetes, so now let’s get information about its treatment as well.
1. Insulin – Many patients with type-1 and type-2 diabetes use insulin injections. Apart from this, doctors also recommend insulin pump.
2. Right food and drink- Diabetes patients should take special care of their food and drink. Therefore, doctors make a special diet chart for diabetes and recommend eating accordingly. Green leafy vegetables, carrots, tomatoes, oranges, bananas and grapes can be eaten in food. Apart from this, it is also advised to consume cheese and curd.
3. Exercise – Apart from eating and drinking, doctors also give advice for doing exercise and yoga. By doing physical activity, the blood glucose level remains balanced and your body remains healthy. Doctors recommend walking, morning walks and light exercise to diabetic patients. These are the easiest ways to cure diabetes.
4. Medicines – Medicines are also advised to the patients of diabetes. Doctors give medicines according to the disease of the patient.
- Fertility- 10 Natural Ways to Increase Fertility in Men and Women
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
- Diabetes- 9 Symptoms of Diabetes in Women
- Curry Leaves -Know The Amazing Benefits Of Curry Leaves
- Worry- 10 Ways to Get Rid of Worry
- Anxiety and Depression- What Is The Difference Between Anxiety And Depression?
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Eating Makhana