Health Desk- Nowadays diabetes is becoming a common disease. Due to which not only men but also women are getting affected in large numbers. Today, through this article, how can I reduce my blood sugar immediately? Will get information about.
First of all, let’s know about diabetes.
What is diabetes?
When there is a deficiency of insulin in the body’s pancreas, which means less amount of insulin reaches, then the amount of glucose in the blood also increases. This condition is called diabetes. Talking about insulin, it is a kind of hormone which is made from the digestive gland inside the body. Its job is to convert food into energy. In such a situation, special care should be taken that when and what the patients of diabetes are eating. This keeps the blood sugar level under control.
What causes high blood sugar?
There are many factors that can cause changes in blood sugar levels, including:
1. Diet- Eating foods rich in carbohydrates, such as sugar and refined grains, can cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels.
2. Hormonal imbalance- Insulin and glucagon, hormones that regulate blood sugar levels, can become imbalanced in certain conditions such as diabetes.
3. Physical activity- Exercise can lower blood sugar levels by increasing insulin sensitivity and glucose uptake by muscle cells.
4. Stress- Stress can increase blood sugar levels as the body releases stress hormones that affect insulin and glucose metabolism.
5. Medicines- Some medicines like steroids and antipsychotics can increase the blood sugar level.
6. Health conditions- Certain conditions, such as pancreas disease and liver disease, can affect the production and regulation of insulin and can affect blood sugar levels.
What are the symptoms of high blood sugar?
Symptoms of high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) may include:
1. Excessive feeling of thirst.
2. Frequent urination.
3. Change in eyesight (blurred vision)
4. Feeling more tired.
5. Dryness of mouth and skin.
6. Cut or wound does not heal quickly.
7. Nausea or vomiting.
8. Bad breath
9. Confusion or irritability.
10. Fast or deep breathing.
11. Weight starts decreasing.
12. Numbness in hands or feet.
It is important to seek immediate medical attention, as high blood sugar levels can indicate the presence of a condition such as diabetes and can lead to serious health complications if left untreated.
What are the complications of diabetes?
Heart diseases such as coronary artery disease, chest pain, stroke, atherosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries of the heart), and heart attack. Damage to the kidney can hinder the filtering system.
What is the normal level of blood sugar?
The normal range for blood sugar levels varies depending on the time of day and recent meal, but the following are generally considered normal levels:
1. Fasting blood sugar (before meals): 70-100 mg/dL
2. Postprandial blood sugar (after meals): less than 140 mg/dL
It is important to note that these ranges can vary based on factors such as age, overall health and the presence of conditions such as diabetes. It is best to consult a healthcare provider for more personalized and accurate information about your blood sugar level.
Do you know how high blood sugar affects your health?
High blood sugar, also known as hyperglycemia, can have a number of adverse effects on the body. Over time, this can damage blood vessels and lead to serious health problems such as heart disease, nerve damage and kidney disease. It can also weaken the immune system, making it difficult to fight off infections. Additionally, high blood sugar levels can lead to blurred vision, slow wound healing, and increased thirst and hunger. In severe cases, it can cause a life-threatening condition called diabetic ketoacidosis.
How to reduce high blood sugar?
Here are some ways to reduce high blood sugar levels:
1. Eat a balanced diet- Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins in your diet.
2. Exercise regularly- Physical activity helps improve insulin sensitivity and can lower blood sugar levels.
3. Maintain a healthy weight- Being overweight can increase the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
4. Avoid sugary foods and beverages- Foods with added sugars can rapidly increase blood sugar levels.
5. Manage stress- Stress can affect blood sugar levels and worsen diabetes symptoms.
6. Stop smoking- Smoking can increase insulin resistance and damage blood vessels, making it difficult to control blood sugar levels.
Ayurvedic and home remedies to reduce high blood sugar-
1- Jamun seeds- Jamun seeds are used in Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes. For this, dry and grind the kernels of the berries. Make its powder. Now take it in the morning on an empty stomach with lukewarm water. This will help in controlling diabetes.
2- Fig leaves- Chewing fig leaves on an empty stomach or boiling them in water keeps diabetes under control. Fig leaves have anti-diabetic properties, which helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
3- Fenugreek- Fenugreek is considered very beneficial for diabetic patients. Eating fenugreek seeds keeps blood sugar under control. For this, you have to soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water overnight. Drink the water along with the seeds on an empty stomach in the morning. You do not have to eat anything else for half an hour.
4- Olive oil- Using olive oil keeps cholesterol under control. This helps in reducing the level of triglycerides. Blood sugar is also controlled by olive oil. Using olive oil for a long time also reduces the risk of heart related diseases.
5- Garlic- Garlic is widely used in Ayurveda. Garlic is used in food in everyone’s homes. Consumption of garlic helps in reducing cholesterol and controlling diabetes. For this, soak 2-3 cloves of garlic in water overnight. Chew them on an empty stomach in the morning and eat them.
6- Cinnamon- Cinnamon is used in everyone’s home in standing spices. Cinnamon also helps in controlling diabetes. Anti-diabetic properties are found in it. The use of cinnamon helps in reducing the blood sugar level. For this, you should consume half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily.
7- Grape seeds- Grape seeds are also used to control diabetes. Blood sugar controlling properties are found in these. Grinding grape seeds can be used by making powder. Elements like vitamin E, flavonoids, linoleic acid are found in grape seeds. Which are effective in the treatment of diabetes.
8- Aloe vera- Aloe vera is being used in Ayurveda for a long time. Consuming aloe vera juice is also considered beneficial to control diabetes. Drinking aloe vera juice helps in controlling blood sugar. Aloe vera contains elements like hydrophilic fiber, glucomannan and phytosterols, which keep blood sugar low.
9- Amla- Amla is also beneficial in diabetes. Vitamin C is found in abundance in it. Amla has hypoglycemic properties. Blood sugar level can be reduced within 30 minutes of eating amla. You can use amla powder.
10- Neem- Chewing neem leaves and drinking juice helps in controlling diabetes. Neem has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Apart from this, anti-diabetic properties are also found in neem. All these elements also help in controlling diabetes.
Disclaimer: Ayurveda Gyan Sagar does not confirm the methods and claims mentioned in this article. Take these only as suggestions. Before following any such treatment/medicine/diet, do take doctor’s advice. Thank you.