Health desk- Menstruation is a natural process which starts at the age of 12 to 14 in girls (women) and continues till the age of 45 to 50 years. It is known by the names of Menstruation, Rajodharma, Menstrual Cycle, MC, Artav and Period. Due to the changes in the body of women, the blood and secretion from the inner part of the uterus is called menstruation. However, menstruation does not happen to everyone at the same age. Some girls may have their first menstruation at the age of 8 to 17 years, while in some developed countries, girls have their first menstruation at the age of 12 or 13 years. Generally, at the age of 11 to 13, girls start menstruating.
At what age menstruation will start depends on many things. The composition of the girl’s jeans, eating habits, way of working, what is the height of the place where she lives, etc. are important for menstruation.
Menstruation comes once a month. This cycle is generally of 28 to 35 days. This process continues every month until the woman becomes pregnant. Some girls or women have menstruation for 3 to 5 days, while for some it can last only for 2 to 7 days.
Some symptoms also have to be shown in the body of a woman before menstruation, such as abdominal pain and cramps before menstruation, with the onset of menstruation, there is a problem of diarrhea, diarrhea or vomiting. After the onset of menstruation, apart from the problem, the desire to eat and drink increases. Compared to normal days, women tend to eat more during menstruation. There is also a possibility of weight gain many times during menstruation.
How does menstruation begin?
When a girl reaches adolescence, her ovaries start producing hormones called estrogen and progesterone. Because of these hormones, the lining of the uterus starts getting thicker every month. Some other hormones signal the ovaries to produce and release the unfertilized egg. Generally, if the girl does not have sex around menstruation, then the lining of the uterus which was getting thick and getting ready for the uterus breaks down and comes out in the form of blood discharge. This is known as menstruation.
Why is it necessary for women to menstruate?
Due to menstruation, such hormones are made which are helpful in keeping the body healthy. Every month hormones prepare the body for pregnancy. The menstrual cycle is counted from the beginning of menstruation to the first day of the beginning of the next menstruation. The menstrual cycle in girls can also be of 21 to 45 days. Normally the menstrual cycle is of 28 to 35 days.
What are the changes in hormones during menstruation?
In the beginning days of the menstrual cycle, a hormone called estrogen starts increasing. This hormone keeps the body healthy, especially this hormone works to strengthen the bones. Also, due to this hormone, a velvety layer of blood and tissues is formed on the inner wall of the uterus so that the fetus can develop rapidly by getting nutrition there. This layer is made of blood and tissues.
What does menstrual blood consist of?
At the time of menstruation, the question often comes to mind that for how long should the bleeding last and in what quantity should it be considered normal. The secretion that comes out at the time of menstruation is not only blood, but it also includes the destroyed tissues. If we talk about blood, then its quantity is only up to 50 ml.
But sometimes it also happens that even after having healthy menstruation, many times when menstruation ends, there is a problem of bleeding, so today in this article we will tell you about bleeding after menstruation. Will tell about the causes, symptoms and remedies.
Women start bleeding again after the menstruation stops and it remains continuous for 5-6 months. Menstruation can be irregular or excessive at the time of menopause. Probably these are cycles without ovum degradation. Sometimes it can last for several weeks.
What is the reason for bleeding after menstruation?
Bleeding after the cessation of menstruation can be due to the following reasons-
1. Common causes – which are related to blood borne disorders.
2. Medicinal reasons- When estrogen is used in adequate quantity for the relief of menopausal symptoms and when it is stopped, medicinal bleeding starts.
3. Malignant Pathogenic Causes- Cancer of Service Center of Body of Uterus, cancer of vagina and part and malignant tumor of seminal glands are the diseases due to which bleeding can occur after menopause. But bleeding can be found in the cancer of the seed duct.
4. Sudam Disorders- In these, carious senile vaginitis of the urinary tract, senile endometritis, cervical erosion, cystic hyperplasia, ulceration occurs in the vagina and cervix due to prolonged prolapse of the uterus.
What are the symptoms of bleeding after the end of menstruation?
Its symptoms are often similar to those of hemorrhagic uterine pathology. Excessive and continues for several weeks.
Diagnosis of disease-
If a woman reaches the doctor suffering from bleeding after menopause, then it is the duty of the doctor to know the complete history of the woman’s disease. After this, pay attention to the reasons written above. In all menopausal irregularities, the possibility of uterine cancer needs to be kept in mind and should be thoroughly explored. It can be diagnosed by drawing the uterus.
The blood pressure of the woman should also be checked with great care. Keep in mind that bleeding is not happening due to high blood pressure. Along with this, it is also necessary to have a direct vision of the vagina and reproductive organs. Help should also be taken through Kardway examination and vaginal examination. In malignant diseases, the examinations of vagina and cervix are especially helpful. Sometimes colony and rectal examination may also have to be done.
Ayurvedic treatment of bleeding after the stop of menstruation-
1. The treatment of this disease is done according to the causes. Hormone therapy can be used if cancer is not present. Metropathia should be similar to hemorrhagic. If there is a benefit, the treatment should be stopped in between to see whether the menopause has been completed or the spontaneous menstrual cycle has started. Treatment is often not successful, when no reason is clear and bleeding occurs in equal and sufficient quantity, then hysterectomy or artificial menopause has to be done in such condition.
2. Along with all these above arrangements, the woman should be given complete rest. Along with this, strengthening medicines and formulations of iron should be used.
3. Medicine is often not completely satisfactory. Its treatment is done in the same way as menorrhagia and metropathia hemorrhagic. Along with this, it is beneficial to use Ayurvedic medicines that are strong and iron-rich.
4. Consuming Ashokarishta is beneficial in this disease. For this, mixing 20 ml water in 20 ml Ashokarishta should be given to the woman in the morning and evening.
5. Pradrantak Churna- Make a powder by grinding equal quantity of sweet supari, madhuphal, amaranth root, sonagiri, mocharas, nagkesar, asparagus, water chestnut, lotus saffron, now add 4-6 grams of this powder for washing rice. By consuming it for a few days, red and white leprosy is destroyed.
6. Consuming one or two tablets of Bolbadd juice with cold water in the morning and evening stops bleeding.
7. Drinking decoction of ashoka’s bark mixed with milk and sugar candy calms bleeding.
8. Consuming 2 to 3 grams of Nagkesar powder with rice wash stops bleeding. If there is a complaint of white leucorrhoea, then that too goes away.
9. Consuming gooseberry juice with honey is beneficial.
10. Feeding the smokeless ashes of woolen blanket with honey stops bleeding.
11. Eating juice of sycamore fruit with honey reduces bleeding and stops gradually.
12. Consuming 10 to 20 grams of Ashok Ghrit according to strength, removes colic, cutting distaste, pandu and weakness due to anemia.
Note- This article has been written for educational purpose. For more information and before using any medicine, please consult a qualified doctor. Thank you.
- Why is calcium important during pregnancy? Learn its effect and diet to meet the deficiency
- Depression- Identify Depression With These Symptoms, Take Timely Treatment
- Sexual Health- Use these things to increase sexual arousal
- Diabetes- 10 Main Symptoms or Signs of Diabetes
- Diabetes- It is important for diabetic patients to control the sugar level, otherwise they can become victims of these diseases.
- Fertility- 10 Natural Ways to Increase Fertility in Men and Women
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
- Diabetes- 9 Symptoms of Diabetes in Women