Health Desk- In today’s changing lifestyle, weight gain i.e. excess of obesity has become a common problem. Weight gain is being seen more especially in women. If you are a woman above 40 years of age and want to lose weight, then through this article we are going to tell you some easy ways, with the help of which weight can be easily reduced.
What causes women to gain weight after 40?
1. Hormonal imbalance-
The main reason for the increasing weight of most women as they age is at this age, women are also in the age of menopause. Therefore, at this age, the ovaries of women reduce the production of estrogen. Estrogen is needed during this time for your hormones to be balanced. That’s why you become fat at this age, your weight increases.
2. Deficiency of progesterone hormone-
When women have menopause, the production of progesterone starts decreasing in their body. Although their weight does not increase due to the lack of progesterone, but due to this problems like flatulence and water retention start in their body, due to which they feel that their weight is increasing.
3. Excess appetite-
At this age, your hormones change, due to which hunger starts feeling more. Due to this, you start eating more food than usual and start overeating. Then because of this your weight starts increasing. At this age, they also feel like eating more junk food and pay more attention to junk food which causes obesity.
4. Weak Metabolism-
As age increases, metabolism starts to slow down. This problem is faced by every woman, when her metabolism slows down, her body burns less calories and due to this a layer of fat gets deposited on the stomach, so weight gain is one of the reasons for their age.
Even after the age of 40, if you consume white bread or more processed food in your diet, then insulin resistance starts in your body. Because of this, your body starts storing fat, due to which your weight starts increasing. Therefore, eat these types of foods at least.
6. Living under stress-
When the age of women is above 40, then they start getting more stress, somewhere they start worrying more about their family, taking care of their children and setting up. When you are under stress, your adrenal gland produces a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol prevents you from losing weight, so it is one of the reasons for your weight gain.
7. Reduced physical activity-
When many women reach the age of 40, they start doing physical activities only to a minimum. Due to which calories and fat are not burnt in the body and they keep on increasing their weight by eating them in reverse. Therefore, to avoid all diseases at this age, it becomes necessary to do exercise and yoga.
8.Use of unnecessary drugs-
It is often seen that some women take medicines without consulting a doctor when they have minor physical problems, that is also a reason for weight gain. Especially the use of some antidepressant and corticosteroid drugs invites obesity.
Simple ways to lose weight for women over 40
1. To burn fat, you should take healthy protein from lean meat and fish. Consumption of sweet things should be limited. Keeping a regular eating schedule will help you avoid frequent hunger pangs. White bread, refined grains and soda should also be avoided.
2. You can improve your digestion and control your appetite by increasing the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet which will prove helpful in reducing weight.
3. One or two glasses of warm water should be consumed daily in the morning. If you consume this water by mixing lemon juice and honey, then it can prove to be very helpful in controlling weight.
4. To keep the weight under control, yoga and exercise should be done regularly. People who want to lose weight should do yoga or exercise for at least 20 minutes every day. If you are not able to practice yoga or exercise, then walking 3 to 4 kilometers daily in the morning will be beneficial.
5. Taking sunlight daily is very beneficial for health. Sunshine is the best source of Vitamin D. Taking sunlight regularly also helps in controlling weight.
6. You can control weight even by stopping outside food. Home cooked food is beneficial for health.
7. Whenever you feel like drinking tea, take green tea instead of tea. Green tea has many benefits. Milk tea contains a lot of fat. If you want to drink coffee, then do not drink more than 1 cup in a day.
8. The more fiber-rich things you eat in your food, the better. Foods containing fiber also provide nutrition and weight does not increase.
9. Eat such things in which the amount of protein is high and the amount of carbohydrates is less, the better it will be. It would be better if you do not consume chips, popcorn, cookies, cake etc. Because carbohydrates are found in it, which is one of the main reasons for increasing fat.
10. Do not eat anything after 7:00 pm. Make a diet rule in a way.
11. Include cinnamon, ginger, black pepper etc. in your food. These things will increase insulin resistance in your body and reduce the amount of sugar. Lowering the amount of sugar makes it easier to reduce fat.
12. A great way to reduce weight or obesity is to fast for 1 to 2 days in a week. According to yourself, when you can fast for 1 day, eat light food or consume juice on this day.
Note- This article is written for educational purpose. For more information and before any use, please consult a qualified doctor. Thank you.