Health desk- There are many reasons which affect menstruation. Like- sudden change of climate, coming to new place and new circumstances and mental reasons etc. Some women do not get menstruation once for a few days and the difference of long time starts coming again. Menstruation often starts from the age of 13-14 years and continues regularly till the age of 45 to 50 years, after this age it stops coming on its own. Some such women are also seen who have been seen having menstruation for longer than this. Similarly, the number of such women is also not less, whose menstruation stops by the time they reach the age of 35 years. In childless women, menstruation remains permanently for a relatively short period of time. In women whose menstruation starts late, it also ends soon. Menstruation in hot country women starts relatively soon and ends soon. The stage of cessation of menstruation is called amenorrhea or change of stage.
Quantity and organization of menstruation-
1. The total quantity of menstrual blood in healthy condition ranges from 55 to 165 grams. Bleeding less or more than this is a sign of menstrual disease.
2. In the menstrual discharge, the mucous membrane of the uterus is secreted or non-mucous. Louis-Cune, the father of naturopathy, says that menstruation reveals the excess of juices produced in this body. It is a monthly mixed secretion that comes out of the uterus. Menstruation has a personal foul smell. The reason is that it is not only the blood that has come out of the uterus, but urine things get mixed with them on the way. Due to which it becomes foul smelling.
Menstrual Specific Clinical Knowledge-
1. Menstrual flow starts from the age of 12 to 14 years and ends in menopause at the age of 45 to 50 years.
2. The menstrual cycle normally completes in 28 days. Sometimes it is completed in 3 weeks or even 5 weeks.
3. The duration of menstruation is normally from 3 to 5 days.
4. The menses in the beginning are slightly sticky as well as black which later becomes bright red like the blood of a rabbit. In the end its color becomes brownish.
5. There is a mixture of Cellular Delris, Partially Heamolysed blood and mucus in menstruation. The amount of fibrinogen remains less in it. Also there is complete absence of prothrombin. More quantity of white particles is found in the blood.
6. Often small clots are found in menstruation.
7. Excitability increases in the uterus just before menstruation. Along with this, the uterus becomes somewhat tan. At the beginning of menstruation, the contraction of the uterus increases, which lasts till the end of the menstrual period.
8. Women who do not have children have cramping pain in the abdomen below the navel.
9. Symptoms suggestive of menstruation such as headache, pain in the back, tickling or tingling in the breasts, agitation or nervousness etc. arise for one or two days before menstruation or during menstruation.
10. Some women get some special symptoms before menstruation, which are often due to premenstrual tension. These symptoms start appearing 8-10 days before menstruation.
The following symptoms are found in full menstrual tension.
Fatigue, Depression, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Anxiety, Irritability, Insomnia, Swollen breasts, Shoulder pain, Irritability, Frequent urination, Sour stomach, Constipation, Feeling of fullness, Nasal congestion, 1 Increase in weight up to 5 kg, swelling of legs, feeling of pain on touching the breasts, migraine pain. Pimples also appear on the face of some women.
The above mentioned menstrual stress related protection is due to different reasons than the scientists think. Some scientists are of the view that due to excess secretion of estrogen, they are formed due to accumulation of water in the body. Some scholars believe due to progesterone. Some psychologists believe it to be fundamental, while some scientists believe it to be due to a disturbance in the natural functioning of the adrenal cortex.
Note- This article has been written for educational purposes, for more information consult a qualified gynecologist. Thank you.
- Vitamin-C Deficiency in The Body Will be Fulfilled by These 14 Foods
- Liver Cancer- Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
- Causes, Symptoms and Remedies of Vitamin C Deficiency in the Body
- Vitamin Deficiency Anemia – Causes, Symptoms and Remedies
- Causes, Symptoms and Diseases of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- How Can I Lower My Blood Sugar Quickly?
- Why is it Important to lose Weight? Know the Tips to Lose weight
- These symptoms and signs show that you are suffering from anxiety disorder, know the treatment and prevention measures
- What is anxiety disorder? Know the symptoms and causes