Health Desk– Back pain is not only experienced by women but also by men. But in today’s article, we will talk about the causes, symptoms and home remedies for back pain in women.
Back pain is a common problem which mostly occurs due to wrong postures and faulty lifestyle. Millions of people in the world are suffering from back pain. This is such a problem that we ignore considering it as a normal problem of the body and do not pay much attention to it.
Although about 98% of back pain cases are not medically serious, but in 2% of cases serious infection or metastatic cancer can cause back pain. That’s why cases of back pain should not be ignored. If we eat nutritious food and adopt exercise as an important part of life, then the complaint of back pain can be removed.
As far as women are concerned, they have to face the problem of back pain the most. Especially working women because they have to get up early in the morning to prepare breakfast for everyone, prepare and send the children to school, take care of the husband as well because he may not be late for his workplace, then get ready and go to his workplace. Coming home at night, cooking, doing household chores. Along with tiredness in this busy routine, it is common to have pain in the waist, head or neck. But the problem becomes more when her menstruation starts.
Due to back pain in women, there is an impact on physical ability, mental state, work and home life. Sometimes his nature becomes irritable and his behavior full of annoyance.
Area affected by pain
The parts of the waist which are affected by the pain can be divided into three parts like-
1. Pain in the lower part of the waist- Pain affecting the spine and the area around the spine such as buttocks, upper thigh and waist area is called lumbar or coccydynia (tailbone or secral pain) in medical language. This is the most common type of back pain.
2. Pain in the middle of the waist – This is called thoracic. This is also considered a common form of back pain. It affects the middle part of the lumbar region as well as the cervical.
3. Pain in the upper part of the waist- It targets the neck and spine above the waist, due to which stiffness occurs in the neck and shoulder area. This is called cervical pain.
What are the causes of back pain in women?
The main reasons for back pain in women can be the following-
1. Menstruation- Irregularity in menstruation, excessive flow of blood or lack of blood flow can be a major cause of back pain. Even in the normal condition of menstruation, women have a simple pain in their back.
2. Menopause- Generally, between the age of 14 years to 45-50 years, menstruation occurs on the 28th day and a mature egg comes out from the ovary. This egg, meeting with the sperm in the fallopion tubes, enters the uterus and becomes the form of a fetus. After maturation of the ovum, the hormones produced in the ovaries become the cause of ovulation, conception and growth of the fetus.
Menstruation also stops when mature eggs stop in the ovaries. That is, at the end of the active life of the ovary, the production of endocrine glands stops. Which is called menopause.
It is a time of change in a woman’s life. Anyway, menopause means ‘change of life’. After menopause, there are both physical and mental changes in a woman. Symptoms like looseness in the body, tiredness, sadness in the mind, contemplation, lack of desire for coitus, sleeplessness, pain in the body parts etc. are seen. When menstruation stops permanently, menopause causes back pain.
3. Weight gain- Weight gain is also one of the causes of back pain. When the weight increases, it is natural for the weight of the body to fall on the spine. This weight puts excessive pressure on the muscles, causing strain on the joints. This pressure and strain causes back pain.
4. Pressure on the spine- Back pain occurs due to pressure on any part of the spine. This pain can also affect from neck to lower back.
5. Pain in the spine- Pain in the spine means the spread of pain in the whole back. Not only this, there can also be a problem of slip disc. Pain in the spine occurs due to pressure on the spine and this pressure occurs due to sitting in the wrong posture for a long time, standing for a long time or standing in a wrong way. Misalignment of the computer chair, typing in the wrong position, lifting too much weight, etc. can cause pain in the spine and back due to many reasons.
6. High Heels- Nowadays women and girls like to wear high heels shoes and slippers, which is a major cause of back pain because the weight of the body rests only on the toes, due to which the balance of the body remains abnormal and the spinal cord is damaged. There is pressure on the bone. In addition to pain in the back, legs, swelling, the chances of getting arthritis are high.
7. Lack of nutrients- Due to lack of nutrients like iron, calcium, zinc, vitamins, proteins etc. in the food, back pain also starts.
8. Vitamin-D deficiency- Vitamin-D and calcium are required for healthy and strong bones. Vitamin-D is especially needed for women. The chances of back pain can also increase due to deficiency of Vitamin-D and calcium.
9. Infection- Infection in the reproductive organs can also cause back pain.
10. Gynecology- Anemia, leucorrhoea, blood leucorrhoea can also cause back pain.
What is the home remedy to get rid of back pain?
The anti-inflammatory properties present in ginger are helpful in relieving pain. It can be used in this way-
(i) Ginger is a very good remedy to get rid of back pain. For this, put 5-6 pieces of ginger in 2 cups of water and boil it on low flame for 15-20 minutes. Then cool it a little and mix half a teaspoon of honey in it and drink it. Drinking this way daily will give relief from back pain.
(ii) Ginger tea is also helpful to get relief from back pain. For this, boil one teaspoon ginger powder or 6-7 chopped pieces, half teaspoon black pepper powder and one teaspoon clove powder in 2 cups of water. When one cup of water remains, filter it and drink it slowly like tea.
(iii) Make a paste by grinding ginger and apply some eucalyptus oil on the affected area. This will give instant relief from the pain of the waist or other parts.
(iv) Mix ginger juice in coconut oil and heat it. Then filter it and massage it lukewarm by applying it on the back, you will get a lot of relief from the pain.
Calcium is found in abundance in milk. This makes bones and muscles strong, so drinking a glass of milk mixed with one teaspoon of honey daily will be very helpful in relieving back pain.
Roasting a little celery and chewing it will give instant relief in pain.
Garlic also acts as a panacea for back pain. You can use it like this-
(i) Put 3-4 garlic cloves in mustard oil and cook till the garlic cloves turn black. Now after cooling it after filtering, or apply lukewarm oil on the painful area and massage it. Instead of mustard oil, you can also use coconut oil or sesame oil and cook 2-3 cloves or a little carom seeds along with garlic.
(ii) Every morning on an empty stomach, eat 2-3 cloves of garlic and drink lukewarm water. This will give a lot of relief in back pain.
5. Rock salt-
Prepare a thick paste by adding little water to rock salt. Now put this paste in a cloth and squeeze it so that water separates from it. Now apply this paste on the painful area. This will reduce the pain.
Boil 5 dates daily, then mixing 2 grams of fenugreek powder in it and drinking it will give a lot of relief from back pain.
Boil 8-10 leaves of Basil in a cup of water. When the water is reduced to half, cool it and drink it after adding a little salt to it.
Soak 4-5 almonds overnight, remove the peel and grind it in the morning and drink it after mixing it in a glass of milk.
9. Almond oil-
Massage of almond oil daily also gives relief from back pain.
Mix fenugreek seeds in mustard oil and fry. Now strain the oil and massage it. You will get relief in back pain.
11. Sesame oil-
Massaging with sesame oil provides relief from back pain and muscle relaxation.
12. Steam of water-
Irrigating with steam of water also provides relief in back pain. This is a good and simple home remedy. Rock salt can also be mixed in hot water. Soak a soft towel in hot water and squeeze it. Wrap this towel around the waist. Its steam gives relief in pain.
Applying ice will provide relief in back pain, for this tie crushed ice in a cloth and keep it on the painful place. By doing this process many times a day, there is relief in back pain.
In today’s article, we have given you information about the causes and home remedies for back pain in women. Hope you must have liked this article. You also share this post with your friends and relatives. So that everyone can take advantage of it.
Although this article has been written for educational purposes, it is not a substitute for the treatment of any disease. If you do not get relief from the above treatment, take proper treatment after consulting a qualified doctor. Thank you.