Health Desk- Often people who are unable to conceive after a few months or years of marriage. Just as it is necessary to have healthy eggs in a woman’s body to conceive. Similarly, in order to fertilize an egg, a man also needs to have sperm count in the semen.
According to medical reports, 15 million to 200 million semen should be produced in a man per ml. If there is a decrease in the sperms count in any of the men, then there is a decrease in the chances of the woman conceiving.
So today in this article we will get information about a serious problem for you. Which is associated with the dream of becoming parents of every married couple. Now the question comes that what should be the quantity of sperms in men so that women can conceive.
What is the sperm count in a man for a woman to conceive ?
For a woman to conceive, the health, quantity, movement and composition of the man’s sperm depends on various factors such as-
1. Quantity of Sperm- When a man ejaculates, more than 100 million sperms are released. But in order to conceive, a woman needs only one sperm to fertilize her egg. This means that before reaching the egg of the woman, crores of sperm die in the journey itself.
Still only one question remains in the mind that why do we need more sperm to conceive? So let us tell you that according to the WHO report, 15 million to 200 million semen is produced per ml in a man. If your sperm count is less than 15 million to 39 million ml per sperm, then you are considered to have low sperm count.
2. Sperm speed- Not only sperm count is necessary to conceive, it also depends on the speed of sperm. In order to reach and fertilize an egg, sperm must move – dangling and swimming through a woman’s cervix, uterus and fallopian tubes is known as motility. Pregnancy is possible with less than 40% sperm in the ejaculate, but 40% is considered to be in range.
3. Structure of Sperm- Generally sperms have oval head and long tail, which work together to make them stimulated. It is not as important a factor as the quantity or movement of sperm.
How long does sperm live for ?
How long does the sperm live, depending on where the sperm is located-
- If the sperm is in a happy place, it dies on drying of the semen if it is present on clothes, bedding, floor.
- If sperm is present in warm place or water then it survives for a long time.
- If it enters the woman’s body, then it survives for at least 5 days.
What causes fertility problems in men?
Inability to conceive can result in several fertility problems in men including –
- Having a problem with the hypothalamus or pituitary gland, which are parts of the brain that signal the testicles to make testosterone and sperm.
- Testicle disease.
- Sperm transport disorder.
- Age can also play an important role in this. Mobility and number of spermatozoa decline with age, affecting fertility, especially after the age of 50.
How to increase sperm count for a woman to get conceive ?
1. Consume Zinc Source- For this problem, consume as much zinc source as possible. Because the intake of zinc increases the sperm count. You should consume these foods for zinc source like- beans, oats, sesame, peanuts, garlic, egg yolk, mushrooms.
2. Maintain a healthy weight- Some research suggests that an increase in body mass index is responsible for the decrease in sperm count and its movement.
3. Eat a healthy diet- Choose a lot of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in antioxidants and help in improving the health of sperms.
4. Control stress- Stress can reduce sexual function and interfere with the hormones needed to produce sperm. So try to be stress free.
5. Exercise- You exercise or do more physical activity, which increases the level of powerful antioxidant enzymes in the body. Which can help protect sperm.
6. Wear loose undergarments- Wearing tight undergarments puts pressure on your testicles. Heat is harmful to the scrotum, so wear loose clothing.
7. Do not smoke- Men who smoke cigarettes are more likely to have low sperm count. If you smoke, quit it immediately.
8. Limit alcohol- Heavy drinking can reduce testosterone production, lead to impotence and decrease sperm production so stop drinking alcohol in moderation or at all.
Ways to increase sperm count-
To increase the sperm count, we are telling about some such foods, whose consumption improves fertility. By eating these foods, apart from the quantity, quality of sperms, its speed will also improve. Due to which the child will also be healthy.
1 .Eat pomegranate-
Pomegranate is a very beneficial fruit for you. According to a research, pomegranate juice increases sperm count and quality. Drinking a glass of pomegranate juice daily increases male fertility.
2 .Eat Pumpkin Seeds-
Consuming pumpkin seeds is beneficial to increase the sperm count. Because the zinc and omega 3 fatty acids present in it are present, which increase blood circulation in the male organs. Eating a handful of pumpkin seeds daily increases testosterone and sperm count.
3 .Eat Tomatoes-
Tomato is helpful in increasing sperm count because it contains lycopene which improves sperm count, quality and structure, eating tomatoes cooked in olive oil is of great benefit.
4 .Eat walnuts-
Consuming walnuts is beneficial for health as well as sperms. Because the omega-3 fatty acids present in it help in increasing blood flow to the male organs. Eating a handful (75 grams) of walnuts daily improves sperm count and size.
5 .Eat dark chocolate-
You must be eating chocolate. It is helpful in removing sexual problems. If you consume dark chocolate then it will be very beneficial for you. The amino acid called L-Arginine present in it increases sperm count and quality. The darker the chocolate, the more beneficial it will be.
6 .Eat eggs-
Eggs are rich in protein and vitamin E. Its consumption improves the quality of sperms. This can increase the motility of sperms. The amount of zinc in eggs is also high, due to which the sperm count increases. You can consume eggs by boiling them in the morning.
7 .Eat Banana-
Bananas are rich in antioxidants. Its consumption is helpful in boosting hormones. Vitamin B6 present in it, an enzyme called bromelain and vitamin B increase stamina, energy and sperm count. Its consumption increases the quality of sperms. Men should consume bananas regularly. You can also consume banana in the form of smoothies and shakes etc.
8 .Eat Garlic-
Men’s fertility and garlic are related to each other because eating it regularly purifies the blood. Vitamin B6 is found in abundance in it, which is considered very beneficial in increasing fertility. It helps in erection by transporting blood to the penis without harmful substances. Garlic helps in improving blood flow and helps in maintaining the erection for a long time.
9 .Eat Carrots-
Vitamin A present in carrots is helpful in increasing sperm count and quality. Eating carrots in salad daily or drinking carrot juice increases fertility.
10 .Eat spinach-
Spinach contains a lot of folic acid. Which improves sperm count and quality. Fertility increases by consuming spinach or drinking its juice every day.
11 .Eat citrus fruits-
Men should consume citrus fruits to avoid the problem of infertility. This includes lemon, orange and seasonal etc. These fruits are rich in Vitamin C. Also a good source of antioxidants. They increase the number of spermatozoa that travel more rapidly towards the egg.
12 .Eat dry fruits-
Instead of eating non-vegetarian food, you can consume dry fruits for protein. Eat almonds, raisins, walnuts, pistachios, etc. daily in it. However, eat them less in summer or eat them soaked in water and can consume more in winter. Therefore, it is considered right to eat soaked almonds and raisins in summer.
13 .Drink almond milk-
A good amount of omega-3 acids are found in almond milk which is essential for a good sex life. Put 10-15 ground almonds in hot milk overnight. Add a pinch of ginger powder and cardamom to it and consume it daily in the morning. Its consumption increases the production of semen and increases the number and quality of sperm.
If you want to increase sperm count and quality, then make a habit of exercising. It is more important than any kind of diet to do yoga and exercise at home. Apart from this, go for a walk and run every day. If you go to the gym, even better.
Note- This article has been written for educational purpose, it is not a substitute for the treatment of any disease. Therefore, before any use, consult a qualified doctor. Thank you.
- Best ways to gain weight fast for a lean body
- Your stubborn belly fat can cause many complications for health, know tips to control it
- These 5 bad habits of yours increase belly fat, Know how to reduce ?