Health Desk- Becoming a mother after marriage is the most beautiful feeling in every woman’s life. But some women are not able to conceive easily even after all efforts. Many reasons can be responsible for not getting pregnant, such as irregular menstruation, intoxication, wearing tight undergarments, not getting enough sleep, vitamin D deficiency, being older, being under stress, etc. But apart from this, women are considered to be under or over weight. Women whose weight is too low or too high often face difficulties in conceiving. Therefore, if you are planning to conceive, then it is very important to have your ideal weight.
What should be the right weight and age to conceive?
It is very important for women to control their weight in order to conceive. Under or over weight of women can increase the problems of pregnancy. To conceive, it is necessary for women to have an ideal body mass index. Having a BMI between 19 and 25 can make it easier for women to conceive. Along with this, it is considered better to be 22 to 34 years of age to conceive.
What are the disadvantages of increasing obesity ?
- Obesity causes many problems. If you are overweight, then you may face difficulty in conceiving.
- Hormones can be unbalanced in obese women. Because of this, irregular menstruation can occur and there can be problems in ovulation.
- If a woman is overweight before pregnancy, then due to this, she has an increased risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes during pregnancy.
- Due to obesity, the chances of a woman’s normal delivery are greatly reduced.
What are the disadvantages of underweight?
Even if you are underweight, you may face difficulty in conceiving. If you conceive while underweight, then you may face problems during pregnancy. Due to this, the weight of the child may also decrease. The child may be born prematurely.
Keep these things in mind-
- If you are underweight, then include high calorie foods in your diet. You can consume sprouted grains, beans and dry fruits.
Protein rich diet can also help in increasing your weight. For this, you can consume peanuts, lentils, paneer, soybeans, broccoli and chia seeds.
- If you are overweight, then take special care of your diet.
- During this, avoid eating junk food, fast food etc.
- Make a habit of regular walking. You can also do light exercise. Include a balanced amount of carbohydrates and proteins in your diet.
- Weight can be reduced by consuming a balanced diet.
- The weight of a woman is very important for the health of the child, so what should be the weight before conception. Do consult your doctor about this. Thank you.