Health desk- Why does menstruation happen? So far scientists have not been able to determine any concrete reason in this regard. It has been thought that when the corpus luteum is completely destroyed and the amount of estrogen and progesterone in the blood is lost, which causes contraction of the end of the uterus, as a result, the helical ducts located there are more suppressed and blood in them. flow stops. Their walls burst as soon as the blood stops. Along with the eruption, a poisonous element, menotoxin, which is also a duct constrictor, is produced and melts the arteries even more, due to which it bursts and menstruation starts. Due to this, the contraction of these vessels becomes loose, due to which bleeding occurs, this action continues.
Some medical scientists are of the opinion that when the amount of estrogen in the blood is less than a certain limit, then menstruation occurs.
Another fact has come to the fore that when there is less estrogen in the blood than required for menstruation, even then menstruation does not occur. Menstruation does not occur after removal of both ovaries or destruction of them by radiation, which is the proof of this.
Before normal menstruation, the amount of estrogen is much above the menstrual flow limit. It is fertile and there is no menstruation. The spots of menstruation that come due to its sudden fall at the time of ovulation indicate towards estrogen menstrual secretion limit. After the secretion phase, the amount of food starts decreasing and as soon as that menstrual secretion also reaches the limit, menstruation occurs.
Similarly, menstruation begins as soon as the menstrual secretion limit of progesterone decreases. In the secretory state, progesterone is present in the blood in its full amount, which prevents menstrual secretion. Later that quantity starts decreasing and menstrual flow starts.
If conception does not occur, the deficiency of estrogen and progesterone play an important role in triggering menstruation.
A cycle of menstruation goes on in which the uterus, its endometrium, seminal glands and other secondary sex organs participate. There is a gradual change in them. Controlling the interval of the anterior pituitary ovary by rhythm work itself, it makes new womb every month. In which the successful seed turns into a womb by using it. Nature does not accept stale bed. If a successful seed does not lie on a bed or the seed becomes infertile, then nature lifts the bed in the form of endometrium and when all the menstrual discharge comes out, a new ray of hope emerges from the pituitary. New mature seed is prepared in the ovum-gland, new bed is formed again. At the same time, the end of the uterus is firm and then waits. If still there is failure then the bed is lifted. In this way, this action continues every month. Due to continuous efforts for conception from a 12 year old girl to a 50 year old adult, the flow of life continues full of hope.
What are the mental and physical changes in a woman during menstruation?
At the time of menstruation or menarche, there are some major changes in a woman which are mental and physical. are the following-
1 .Development of the pelvis.
2. Development of external genitalia.
3. Firmness of breasts. The breasts become somewhat enlarged and more sensitive.
4. Shame: Shame comes in women.
5. Rise of sex- These days women become very sensual.
6. Two to four days before menstruation and till the time menstruation stops, women develop a kind of lethargy and disinterest in food. She feels heaviness and pain in the waist, hips and legs.
7. These days the nature of women often becomes sharp and irritable. His health becomes heavy. There is pain in the head, sometimes some women also face the problem of constipation and dysentery.
8. During menstruation, the pulse rate of a woman slows down a bit. Blood pressure rises slightly.
9. In the days of menstruation, the uterus increases slightly and due to menstruation, the passage of the vagina and uterus opens completely. The cervix remains open till the 16th day after menstruation. At this time, when the male semen reaches the uterus, there is a special possibility of pregnancy.
10. One-third women have severe pain during menstruation, one-third women have mild pain and the remaining one-third women have no pain at all.
Special- The above-mentioned physical and mental changes in women only reflect the symptoms of Raj: Swala women.
Note- This article has been written for educational purpose. Consult a gynecologist for more details. Thank you.