Health Desk- Often, with the increase in cold in winter, the cases of heart attack start increasing. Actually, our heart pumps very fast in the cold. Due to which the normal temperature of the body is maintained. But due to the shrinking of the blood vessels, due to non-maintenance of blood flow, a person gets a heart attack.
The winter season is very delicate. No matter how much you take care of your health in this season, some or the other minor problems keep cropping up. The part of our body which is most likely to suffer in winters is the heart. The cases of heart attack start increasing in extreme cold. Actually, due to shrinking of blood vessels in this season, the flow of blood in the body is not maintained properly. Because of this, there is more pressure on the heart and a condition of heart attack is created. Every year in the winter season, the cases of heart failure, heart stroke etc. increase a lot.
Let us tell you that there are three stages of heart attack. For people who have already had a heart attack, the conditions gradually become more serious. Because heart attack causes a lot of weakness in the body. On the other hand, for those who have a problem of high blood pressure or who have had brain hemorrhage, the winter season is very careful. A little carelessness can be fatal in this season. In such a situation, we will tell you some such tips in the daily routine, by adopting which you can avoid the risk of heart related diseases.
Why does heart attack happen?
The reason for the increase in heart attack cases in winter is that our heart starts pumping blood very fast. At the same time, the temperature of our body remains less than normal in this season. But the body should usually be at a temperature of 37 degree centigrade. So that all the parts of the body can function properly. To maintain this temperature, the person’s heart starts pumping fast. Now when the cold is high, our blood vessels start shrinking, due to which the blood flow is not done properly and pressure starts building up on the heart. Meanwhile, even oxygen does not reach the heart properly and a condition of heart attack is created.
What are the symptoms of heart attack?
- Chest pain – pressure in the chest, feeling of tightness in the middle of the heart
- Pain in other parts of the body – Pain may be felt from the chest to the hands (usually the left hand is affected, but pain can occur in
- both hands), jaw, neck, back and abdomen.
- Feeling restless or dizzy.
- Drenched in sweat
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea, feels like vomiting.
- Feel restless
- Coughing attacks, labored breathing.
- Although heart attack often causes severe chest pain, some people only complain of mild pain. In some cases, there is no chest pain, especially in women, the elderly and people with diabetes.
Tips for healthy heart ?
1. People drink very little water in winter, but try to keep yourself hydrated. Whether it is winter or summer, there should be no shortage of water in the body.
2. Do not include tea and coffee in daily routine. They are not able to keep the body hydrated.
3. Do walk daily, but avoid heavy exercise. With this you will be able to keep yourself active.
4. Eat only healthy food in your diet. Do not consume fruits, green vegetables, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes etc.
5. In winter, try to eat only light food. Means such food which gets digested quickly. Don’t do overeating at all.
6. Try to keep the body warm in the cold. Avoid going in cold wave and cold air. If you go out, wear clothes properly and cover your body completely, cover your ears and head as well.
7. Go for regular checkup in winters and check blood pressure every day.
Note- Every possible effort has been made to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and genuineness of this information. However, we humbly request you to consult your doctor before trying any remedy. Our aim is only to provide you information.