Health Desk- Our body needs many types of vitamins, minerals to remain healthy and strong, one of them is protein which is essential for our body.
What is Protein ?
Protein is a very important element for our body because every living cell present in the body needs protein. Protein is a micronutrient and the body needs some amount of protein in the diet for daily functioning. Proteins should account for 15 to 35% of the total calories in our balanced diet. Proteins are mainly made up of amino acids and they provide energy to cells. Protein is made up of two types of amino acids. Which is the first amino acid that the body can make from any food item. But in other types of amino acids, the body has to eat exclusively protein-rich diet. Out of the total 20 amino acids, 9 are considered very essential for the body and they must be included in your diet.
Protein is needed by every person. But teenagers and children need more amount of protein because it allows their body to develop fully. Apart from this, protein also works to build new cells and repair them. Protein is very important for keeping the skin, hair, bones, nails, body cells, muscles and organs healthy.
- Drinking water on an empty stomach in the morning has many benefits for our body, you will be shocked to know
What are the benefits of protein to our body?
Protein is very important to keep the body healthy. There are many benefits to our body by consuming it like-
1. Protein helps our body to build muscle and keep it strong.
2. Protein is very beneficial in controlling weight.
3. More calories are burned than protein.
4. Use of protein helps to keep bones, ligaments and other connective tissues healthy.
5. Its consumption reduces appetite. Due to which there is no problem of obesity.
- Sex timing and semen will increase by eating these things
- Top 5 Benefits of drinking black tea daily on an empty stomach
- Know- Should I run during menstruation or not?
- Know- Easy home remedies to make weak body strong and strong
6. Our body takes more time to digest protein.
7. Protein helps in maintaining proper functioning of our body.
8. Consumption of protein strengthens immunity.
9. It helps to remove dirt from our body.
10.Protein also provides nutrients for the skin and hair.
11. A protein called keratin is present in our hair and nails which keeps the hair strong, shiny and flexible.
12. Protein is very useful for the development of children.
13.Protein helps in healing of wounds or injuries.
14.Protein is also helpful in making our brain healthy and sharp.
15. High protein diet is also a natural remedy for blood sugar, high blood pressure, heart related causes.
What happens if there is too much protein in our body?
Protein is a very important element to keep the body healthy. But sometimes consuming more than the proper amount of protein becomes harmful for our health. Excess consumption of it leads to kidney stones, heart and liver related problems. Therefore, you should always fulfill the amount of protein naturally.
What are the symptoms of deficiency of protein in our body?
Due to lack of protein in our body, many problems arise such as-
1. Frequent hunger.
2. Weakness of nails.
3. Hair thinning.
4. To create confusion.
5. Having irritability and depression.
6. Decreased immunity against infection.
7. Delay in wound healing.
8. Diseases take longer to heal.
9. Mental exhaustion.
10. Decreased growth of the body.
11. Having a disease like malnutrition in children.
12. Pain in the joints and muscles.
13. Weakness of mind.
14. Recurring in the grip of disease again and again.
15. Cannot sleep.
16. Weight gain.
How much protein should be taken according to age?
A baby from birth to 6 months should take up to 10 grams.
A child of 9 to 13 years should take 19 to 34 grams.
Men of 14 to 18 years should take 50 grams and women up to 46 grams.
Men of 19 to 50 years should take 52 grams and women up to 46 grams.
Pregnant women should take up to 71 grams.
Breastfeeding women should take up to 71 grams.
Note- If you need 2000 calories per day, then 10 to 14% of these calories should be obtained from protein. Because there are 4 calories in 1 gram of protein. This means that you should consume 50 to 71 grams of protein-rich food per day. With this, you will get 200 to 284 calories out of 2000 calories.
What are the best sources of protein?
In order to avoid lack of protein in the body, we should take regular intake of pulses, flour, green vegetables, milk, curd, kidney beans, soybeans, peanuts, nuts, chicken, fish, eggs etc. All these are good and natural sources of protein.
Note- This article is written for educational purpose. There is no option for the treatment of any disease, so for more information and to overcome the deficiency of protein, definitely take the advice of a qualified doctor. Thank you.
- What are the causes of low libido in women? home remedies to increase
- What is uric acid ? Know Home remedies to control high uric acid
- What is thyroid ? Know causes, symptoms and home and ayurvedic remedies
- What is Typhoid Fever? Know causes, symptoms and Ayurvedic and home remedies